Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Recently diagnosed with mayasthenia

hondonhondon Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2020 in Disabled people
I have recently been diagnosed with mayasthenia. I am 75 years old. I would like to hear about other peoples experiences. 

Replies

• leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,711 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hondon just wanted to say welcome to the community 🙂
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hondon

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

@steve51

• chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hondon - & welcome to the community. We have one person that I am aware of who is waiting for testing for Myasthenia gravis (MG). I'm not sure if they're active  at the moment tho. If @Funboy1 is around he may get in touch.
    Meanwhile I wonder if you have looked at a MG support website. There is the following: https://www.myaware.org/
    Please look around the forum & join in with any discussions (there are links at the top of this page) as well as chat here any time. :)
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hondon Welcome to the community from me too, glad you have joined us and hope you find others who can relate

I look forward to seeing you around
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 8,007

Scope community team

Welcome @hondon! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Great to have you with us @hondon
    Scope

• OxonladyOxonlady Member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Hi hondon, I understand your concerns about being diagnosed with a rare condition. Hopefully you will garner more information here and from the doctors treating you. 
    Your post has brought back happy memories for me. In the late 1990s I worked briefly as a research assistant to Professor John Newsom Davis, who was a wonderful man and led research into Myasthenia Gravis in Oxford. I remember that some of the patients had their thymus glands removed but I don't know whether this procedure is still done. 
    I am assuming that you are now on medication?
    Wishing you all the best in managing your condition. 
Sign in or join us to comment.