Fit Notes For Esa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fit Notes For Esa

Shanty321
Shanty321 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Hi I applied online last week for Contribution ESA do I wait for them to get in touch to ask for my fit note ? Thank you so much for any help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You will need the fit note. A claim for New style ESA is currently taking about 4-5 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shanty321
    hi thank you for your advice sorry I mean I’ve got my fit note but not sure if I have to send it somewhere or wait until I’ve been contacted by ESA ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    They will write to you, in the next few weeks. I've also looked back at your other threads and i see that you're claiming Universal Credit, is that correct? If so then you won't be financially better off by claiming both of these together because the New style ESA is deducted in full from your UC entitlement.

The only difference is that New style ESA pays class 1 NI credits and isn't means tested. UC pay Class 3 and is means tested, so savings/capital affect the amount the you're entitled to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shanty321
    Hi I’m not claiming UC at the moment thank you for your help I was worried about the fit notes so I will just keep hold of them until I hear from esa.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.