New Application For PIP - Advice or Experience Needed - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New Application For PIP - Advice or Experience Needed

Options
124»

Comments

• SussexAndy
    SussexAndy Community member Posts: 15 Courageous
    Options
    Username_removed   

Hi Mike.   Sadly I have to disagree.  this is a topic which I could go into in vivid detail however I do not want to debate the failed system. 

However I found this which may make you rethink.    Published on the 1st of May 2019, with the headline.   "... Complaints about disability benefit assessments up 6,000% in three years, figures show ..."
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/disability-benefit-assessment-complain-uk-government-a8894341.html

You may also wish to review the UN reports from 2017, 2018 and 2019. 

I wish we lived in a world where the disabled, poor and vulnerable are not targeted.   I do understand that benefit crime had been a major issue in our country but to pick on the disabled who obviously needs the assistance but to deny them is CRUEL by anyone`s standard. 

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,288 Pioneering
    Options
    @depressedmum09 hi there hope your well have you heard back from pip yet ? I’m still waiting as well. 
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Options
    I requested my assessors report and I just received it yesterday and it’s a load of ****. From the report I have scored 2 but the assessor has contradicted herself as what she has wrote down doesn’t add up to what the descriptors are.. for instance she has wrote down that I struggle with engaging and meeting new people but then scored me 0 on that. It is madness 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.