Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can I still claim my esa and pip or they will stop them?

fash3105fash3105 Member Posts: 2 Listener

Replies

• fash3105fash3105 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I am on pip now and esa now I would like to go back to work full time can I still claim my esa and pip or they will stop them? 
    When should I tell them 🤔 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

PIP isn't means tested so this won't be affect by your earnings. People do work and claim PIP however, if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP then it could go against you at your review.

ESA, you won't be able to work full time and claim ESA, so this will end if you start work.
    You can do permitted work but you must work less then 16 hours per week and earning no more than £140 per week. You must tell DWP that you are doing the permitted work and you must also fill out a form and return it to them.

Do also be aware that if you do permitted work and the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming ESA then you could be reassessed early and you could be found fit for work when the decision is made.

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fash3105

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today.

Yes my good friend @poppy123456  has hopefully answered your question above.

Please let me know if you need any further help?????

@steve51

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @fash3105! I hope Poppy has been able to answer your question. Please let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,071 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @fash3105 Glad you have joined us here and you have all the answers you need to your query if there is anything else we can help with just ask
Sign in or join us to comment.