Can I still claim my esa and pip or they will stop them? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I still claim my esa and pip or they will stop them?

Options
fash3105
fash3105 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Comments

• fash3105
    fash3105 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I am on pip now and esa now I would like to go back to work full time can I still claim my esa and pip or they will stop them? 
    When should I tell them ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

PIP isn't means tested so this won't be affect by your earnings. People do work and claim PIP however, if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP then it could go against you at your review.

ESA, you won't be able to work full time and claim ESA, so this will end if you start work.
    You can do permitted work but you must work less then 16 hours per week and earning no more than £140 per week. You must tell DWP that you are doing the permitted work and you must also fill out a form and return it to them.

Do also be aware that if you do permitted work and the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming ESA then you could be reassessed early and you could be found fit for work when the decision is made.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @fash3105

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today.

Yes my good friend @poppy123456  has hopefully answered your question above.

Please let me know if you need any further help?????

@steve51

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @fash3105! I hope Poppy has been able to answer your question. Please let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome @fash3105 Glad you have joined us here and you have all the answers you need to your query if there is anything else we can help with just ask

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.