Does anyone have a list of worldwide hospitals that have a paediatric neurology department?
My two year old daughter was born extremely prematurely at 24 weeks and suffered a bilateral Grade 3 brain haemorrhage, resulting in acquired Hydrocephalus and.Cerebral Palsy. She has had two neurosurgeries at the Bristol Children’s Hospital: to fit an ommaya reservoir (ventricular access device) and for an ETV (Endoscopic third ventriculostomy).
This second surgery was a success, however, her Consultant has stressed that her hydrocephalus could return at any point in her life; when travelling to other places in the world, it would be sensible for her to be within a couple of hours of a hospital which can offer emergency neurosurgery (to drain the fluid from her brain and perform further surgery as necessary).
So I am looking for a list of worldwide hospitals which have a paediatric neurology department (which would also be accessible for us to use with UK travel insurance) so we can determine where is safe for her to travel until she is 16 years old in the first instance.
Does anyone have this information? Or know where I can find it?
(We already have this info for the USA, but no where else in the world (and have already contacted Scope, Children’s Neurology Foundation and the World Neurology Federation)).
Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer! Anna :-)
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments