Does anyone have a list of worldwide hospitals that have a paediatric neurology department? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone have a list of worldwide hospitals that have a paediatric neurology department?

Anna_and_Saxon
Anna_and_Saxon Community member Posts: 3 Listener

My two year old daughter was born extremely prematurely at 24 weeks and suffered a bilateral Grade 3 brain haemorrhage, resulting in acquired Hydrocephalus and.Cerebral Palsy. She has had two neurosurgeries at the Bristol Children’s Hospital: to fit an ommaya reservoir (ventricular access device) and for an ETV (Endoscopic third ventriculostomy). 

This second surgery was a success, however, her Consultant has stressed that her hydrocephalus could return at any point in her life; when travelling to other places in the world, it would be sensible for her to be within a couple of hours of a hospital which can offer emergency neurosurgery (to drain the fluid from her brain and perform further surgery as necessary). 

So I am looking for a list of worldwide hospitals which have a paediatric neurology department (which would also be accessible for us to use with UK travel insurance) so we can determine where is safe for her to travel until she is 16 years old in the first instance. 

Does anyone have this information? Or know where I can find it? 

(We already have this info for the USA, but no where else in the world (and have already contacted Scope, Children’s Neurology Foundation and the World Neurology Federation)). 

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer! Anna :-)

Comments

Brightness