I need to leave my temporary accommodation, but my OT hasn't sent me my assessment. What can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need to leave my temporary accommodation, but my OT hasn't sent me my assessment. What can I do?

liima Community member Posts: 3 Connected

I have been diagnose 

with degenerative disc disease ,facet joint disease , hip sacroiliitis and low back pain and am already Suffering with Fibromyalgia and it’s affecting 

My mental health  Depression and Anxiety they put me to Band 2 i  don’t know how long it will take them to offer me flat right now i leave in Temporary accommodation 3rd floor and my flat is not one level flat bedrooms and toilet are upstairs and kitchen & living room front entire are down stairs thieves 16 steps inside my flat i ask for OT assessment over the phone she offer me shower Chair Walk in Tray and she said we don’t do Recommendations to the housing and she will email copy of the Assessment and that was in April i called her left her Messages she never get back to me and when i called housing Option they said you need OT i don’t know we i go from here 

please i need any advice I’m tired mentally and physically??


  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @liima

    Good Afternoon & Welcome to our online community/family.

    I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

    Sorry to hear about your current problems with your accommodation.

    We have got some info below for you.


    I do hope that this is okay????

  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,465 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @liima - Welcome to the community. I am sorry to read about your housing difficulties, but hope the link Steve has given may help. From that link you will see that you can contact your local council directly, and also try Shelter for advice, as you are not receiving the help you need.
    Perhaps also look at housing associations such as Habinteg also mentioned in the above link. There are also others such as this: https://www.homegroup.org.uk/    & there may be different ones in your area.
    I hope you get help, & please let us know how you get on, thank you. :)

  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @liima

    Really sorry to hear about your current housing situation. Are you still needing equipment? 

  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community

    Do you have a housing officer assigned to you with you being in temporary accomodation, they should be able to help you move to a more suitable property

    If you are band 2 then this should allow you to bid on suitable property though I would imagine at this time there isnt a lot of movement with housing and vacant properties.
    to your council or as suggested shelter
  • liima
    liima Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    edited August 2020
    every where i ask help it feels like the doors has be shot on my face i been having housing problems for 6 years now you don’t know what this do to your mental health i am really Exhausted ..
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @liima

    I hope that you have had a good day????

    Sorry to hear about your struggles to date.

    We will never close our door’s to you!!!!

    What help with housing can we help you with today?????

  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,465 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @liima! Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having so much trouble accessing the help you need, it sounds really stressful. As the others have said, we're here to give you advice and support where we can. 

    You might want to have a look through these discussions on mental health on the online community. There are also plenty of other discussions around housing issues. This one in particular might be relevant to you?

    Please do let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

    Join our call for an equal future.
  • liima
    liima Community member Posts: 3 Connected

    hi every one and thank you all for your advice and i will try to explain my situation i leave in temporary accommodation in london barnet council and they don’t have bidding Systems and no one have housing officer if have issue with your accommodation you talk to anyone from housing option team .

    last week i call them regarding another issue i’m having with my neighbours and i spoke to very not nice guy and he told he doesn’t have any Letter from my doctors saying that i can’t 

    Clamp the stairs which of course it’s not right but at end he said you need to do OT assessment which i already did but i haven’t received copy of my assessment i did she sent me Some  equipment and she ghost me i left her so much Messages in her cell and her office so far nothing . so where i go from here i don’t know and every housing advice i called they told only OT assessment can help you .

  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lima
    I'm so sorry to hear the situation hasn't improved at all for you. 

    Firstly regarding the not very nice person from the housing options team at your local council, I would recommend finding out if they have a complaints process for reporting poor service. Same goes for whatever organisation manages your OT, they shouldn't ghost you at all. 

    You might find some of this information on the Shelter website helpful regarding making adaptations to your home, furthermore they might be able to assist you in getting things progressed.

    Alternatively, you might want to contact your MP about the situation. You say you're in Barnet, London, so I hope I've provided the right page for you.

    Online Community Coordinator

    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.