Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I have ongoing problems with my knee, and it's affecting my employment. What are my options?
Within the last two years I have had a full knee replacement and a year later revision surgery to correct a problem. I am now told that it was unsuccessful and I will have flexion problems and endure swelling when walking on it for more than 20 mins. I am 55 years of age still feeling full of life an ex firefighter and it's affecting my health and well being. I can sit down to work only if I can extend my knee almost to straight with limited bend. Trying to bend is very painful. Walking upstairs is it too bad coming down a struggle. Not exactly a sure bet for getting employment. Surgeon has said he can do no more for me and I have to get on with it. Easier said than done, what are my options for help I need an income .
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 968 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 842 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.