LWC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


pjgumna Member Posts: 16 Listener
I have been submitting fit notes on my UC account since December 31st 2019 due to my severe complex PTSD. First one was for 1 month and the subsequent ones for 3 months.
I have only now received the UC50 form for an assessment. If i am awarded will it be backdated? and if so from when?
Thanks in advance


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,410 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, in answer to your question if you are awarded LCWRA then yes you will get back dated money and this element on your UC. If you are awarded LCW then there is no additional payment f

    There is a 3 month waiting period for payment after submitting your first sick note .

    You will have had to submit a sick note for 4 full assessment periods before payment commences eg Jan, Feb, March, April so payment would be from May but it depends on the dates of your assessment period to let you know exactly

    If you let us know your assessment dates for your UC someone will be able to calculate this for you
  • pjgumna
    pjgumna Member Posts: 16 Listener
    thankyou for your reply.  I have a problem understanding clearly so you have helped me alot
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,410 Disability Gamechanger
    Your welcome just ask if you need anything else 

    Fingers crossed you are awarded 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.