Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Esa and anxiety

rsxrsx Member Posts: 55 Connected
I had a telephone assessment at the start of June, a few days later I received a letter saying they didn't have enough information and would require a face to face assessment, I'm just so worried about it and so wondered if anyone knew if it is possible to request another telephone assesmnt as I don't think I could cope with a face to face assessment.

Also who would I contact? The number on the letter or should i contact universal credit through my online journal?

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,155 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I would ring the number on the letter you got from them.

You can request it but they may not agree as they felt they needed face to face before in order to get what they needed, and would them doing another telephone assessment give yherm anymore information

Always worth a try though
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Sometimes it's not always possible to get all the answers they need through a telephone assessment, so a face to face is needed. Of course you can ring the number on the letter to ask if you can have another telephone assessment but please be prepared to have to attend the face to face sometime in the future, if needed. Although i have no idea when these will be back on again as they are still suspended.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,033

Scope community team

Hi @rsx! Do you feel comfortable with giving the number on the letter a call? If you do, please feel free to keep us updated with how it goes. It's understandable that you'd be feeling a bit worried, so don't hesitate to seek support on here as and when you need :)
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,748 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rsx you could ask but would seem unlikely, don't put it on your journal but phone the number on the letter.
    Good luck
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • rsxrsx Member Posts: 55 Connected
    I gave them a call, they said it has to be face to face but they can make it a home visit if I get a letter from the doctor explaining why I need a home visit ? So I'm going to get my grandma to sort that out sometime this week 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,033

Scope community team

Glad to hear it's starting to get resolved @rsx :) I hope your Grandma has some luck sorting the letter out! Let us know what happens
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Do be aware that even with a letter from your GP a home visit could still be refused. If you attend other appointments then they could refuse based on that, it has been known.

Although face to face assessments are still suspended, so the wait could be quite a while.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • rsxrsx Member Posts: 55 Connected
    @poppy123456 I have agoraphobia and haven't left the house in 5 years so fingers crossed they will accept that although im not holding my breath.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed @rsx. I really hope you manage to get this sorted. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.