MR for DLA in NI - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR for DLA in NI

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're already waiting for the Tribunal for the first decision. Now you need to request the MR for the 2nd decision. MR success rate have increased from 17% to about 54% since Covid19 so there's a much better chance of the decisioin changing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deebronny
    deebronny Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    @poppy123456 @Cher_Scope thank you both so much. I am going to ensure to include more real time examples of his behaviour and needs in the MR and I will come back to this thread and let you know the outcome as soon as I receive it. Thank you so much for all your advice, links posted etc. I'll be sure to take it all on board. @Username_removed thank you to you as well for everything, I know it took me a minute to realise that you were infact just trying to help and it is appreciated. Sorry for the confusion earlier 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @deebronny. I can understand your exhaustion and exasperation at the process, it can be difficult at the best of times, let alone when you've been given poor or conflicting advice and are coping on little sleep. 

deebronny said:
     All I want is help but everywhere I turn it just seems that people like to tell me what I've done wrong instead of advising the me of the right things to do and so this makes me a little defensive.
    I think what you've said here is very important and is good for us all to remember. It can be very disheartening to be told you've done something 'wrong' or 'incorrectly' without being offered a solution.  

Hopefully you now have a better idea of what it is you need to do. The best of luck with your MR and please don't hesitate if there's anything we can do to support you with the further process.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • deebronny
    deebronny Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    Hi all, just a quick update to let you all know, I've recieved the outcome of the MR today and my sons been awarded middle rate care up until just before his 5th birthday. Thanks for all the advice that was given (apologies again for becoming defensive about all, but I'm a sensitive soul) I'm so grateful that they seen he was entitled and that I can now get him all the little things he needs.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the update @deebronny, glad it was a positive outcome for you :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Amazing news @deebronny
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.