PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP allowed.

fieldsofnewfieldsofnew Member Posts: 46 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
I just have a question about my PIP was allowed at tribunal, 8 points standard daily living. Since the corona period I could cope financially as electricity was postponed, and interest was not charged by my bank. I did also use foodbanks
It has been tight and for a year, with increasing and accumulative charges for being overdrawn. The overdraft charges are set to increase this month in the U.K and I am also gaining electricity charges. My housing benefit was reduced this month as I had a short discretionary assistance there.
Could I ask, who can I contact to ask when this award comes through as it really is needed and at this time, specifically. I do not need to have it sucked up by overdraft charges if they accrue within the 6-8 weeks?

Thank You
s

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, I am not too sure what you are asking but if it is when will you get your PIP money after tribunal this can take up to 8 weeks. You will be paid back to when you applied so if that was a long time ago there will be a back payment

You can ring DWP and ask about the payment (how long is it since your tribunal) ?

Hope it is all sorted for you any further questions just ask
  • fieldsofnewfieldsofnew Member Posts: 46 Listener
    Hi, so I was allowed PIP by tribunal a week ago. Should I call DWP?
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI

Great news on the PIP award. A week really isn't long at all. It can take between 2-8 weeks sometimes longer to receive backdated money after a Tribunal win. DWP should contact you to ask a few questions before paying any backdated money.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Ok, yes I understand, it just literally is much needed at this point in time so I wondered whether to call them or not.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    There's nothing stopping you from ringing them but it may take a while for them to answer. As your Tribunal was only 1 week ago then it could be a few weeks before you receive backdated money.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for your help. 
    Hi just to update I got the call today and they said it should be within one week. :) Please believe in yourselves people and we will find new ways to take care of each other. 

S.
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,334

Scope community team

That's brilliant news @fieldsofnew and I'm sure a massive relief.  Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    I will, thank you.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @fieldsofnew
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.