PIP allowed. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP allowed.

fieldsofnew
fieldsofnew Community member Posts: 46 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I just have a question about my PIP was allowed at tribunal, 8 points standard daily living. Since the corona period I could cope financially as electricity was postponed, and interest was not charged by my bank. I did also use foodbanks
It has been tight and for a year, with increasing and accumulative charges for being overdrawn. The overdraft charges are set to increase this month in the U.K and I am also gaining electricity charges. My housing benefit was reduced this month as I had a short discretionary assistance there.
Could I ask, who can I contact to ask when this award comes through as it really is needed and at this time, specifically. I do not need to have it sucked up by overdraft charges if they accrue within the 6-8 weeks?

Thank You
s

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, I am not too sure what you are asking but if it is when will you get your PIP money after tribunal this can take up to 8 weeks. You will be paid back to when you applied so if that was a long time ago there will be a back payment

You can ring DWP and ask about the payment (how long is it since your tribunal) ?

Hope it is all sorted for you any further questions just ask
  • fieldsofnew
    Hi, so I was allowed PIP by tribunal a week ago. Should I call DWP?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI

Great news on the PIP award. A week really isn't long at all. It can take between 2-8 weeks sometimes longer to receive backdated money after a Tribunal win. DWP should contact you to ask a few questions before paying any backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fieldsofnew
    Ok, yes I understand, it just literally is much needed at this point in time so I wondered whether to call them or not.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    There's nothing stopping you from ringing them but it may take a while for them to answer. As your Tribunal was only 1 week ago then it could be a few weeks before you receive backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fieldsofnew
    Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for your help. 
  • fieldsofnew
    Hi just to update I got the call today and they said it should be within one week. :) Please believe in yourselves people and we will find new ways to take care of each other. 

S.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    That's brilliant news @fieldsofnew and I'm sure a massive relief.  Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • fieldsofnew
    I will, thank you.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.