Searching For Job — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Searching For Job

amsofly
amsofly Community member Posts: 29 Courageous
edited August 2020 in Work and employment
I've got two questions on my mind that I need to ask and I hope to get some helpful and positive answers....

(1) What are the UK based International NGO's one can volunteer with here in west Africa?

(2) I need an information on how I can easily get an international job without going through online websites to submit my CV's? 

I work as a Ramp Agent here in the west if Africa, but lost my job during the covid-19 pandemic, many companies laid off staff without benefits.

I need to get a job to enable me keep my body and soul together,  and also keep me going.

Looking forward to your very positive advice.

Thanks.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    hi
    1) the list is long and most of the post will be as volunteers
    2)the vast majority of jobs are now requiring onlone cv's
    good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @amsofly

In response to your second question, do you need any support with putting a CV together?  I know I found the idea of it daunting but CV's don't have to be lengthy and are a good way of catching employers attention and getting your name out there.

This is a good website from Reed, an employment agency in the UK, that gives clear advice on how to construct one.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    As far as CV's go most employers rarely if ever read beyond page 1, not trying to be negative just honest
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Nope you make a good point.  My CV is two sides long and the first page definitely needs something to mark you out from other applicants.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all I agree most employers ow recruit online and expect you to submit a CV

As an ex recruiter for many years no we dont read whole CV but look for any relevant points eg experience, qualifications, skills that meet the job requirement

A good opening objective is key to make the employer interested in reading more

Always look at the job requirements and dont apply unless you meet them as it is just a waste of your time and effort

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.