Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Booker T Pug - the therapy dog who is helping kids learn to read

melaniethorleymelaniethorley Member Posts: 138 Pioneering

https://www.inspiremore.com/booker-t-pug-therapy-dog/?fbclid=IwAR03-5qyIh0obuY1p9QT2Z1GCN5psQXvI5nTo37GH32azPkhaa_7qoxhH5w

As there is so much bad stuff and confusion happening in the world right now, I thought I would share this. I work with a number of SEND schools and alternative learning providers and more and more are getting school dogs. Most of them have poodle in them which prevents moulting and therefore more child-friendly. Maybe we should get a STAART dog...

Replies

• Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,976

Scope community team

Hi @melaniethorley

How adorable is Booker! The photo of him has melted my heart <3 

I agree more schools should have dogs!  When I was at university we would have therapy dog events where we could go in a room and play with dogs to help us de-stress after handing in essays.  It really boosted morale and calmed everyone down.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • melaniethorleymelaniethorley Member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    I am in total agreement, although I have to say Booker is probably the grumpiest pug I have ever seen. 

We also have therapy dogs at my university, especially during exam time although some universities have full-on petting zoos with rabbits and llamas.  I think it will take me a while to convince the senior people at Greenwich that we should have alpacas in on a regular basis. 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,976

Scope community team

It might take a while but imagine the students faces seeing actual llamas on campus :D  After this academic year they definitely deserve it!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    This looks great!
    Scope

Sign in or join us to comment.