Booker T Pug - the therapy dog who is helping kids learn to read — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Booker T Pug - the therapy dog who is helping kids learn to read

Options
melaniethorley
melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering

https://www.inspiremore.com/booker-t-pug-therapy-dog/?fbclid=IwAR03-5qyIh0obuY1p9QT2Z1GCN5psQXvI5nTo37GH32azPkhaa_7qoxhH5w

As there is so much bad stuff and confusion happening in the world right now, I thought I would share this. I work with a number of SEND schools and alternative learning providers and more and more are getting school dogs. Most of them have poodle in them which prevents moulting and therefore more child-friendly. Maybe we should get a STAART dog...

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @melaniethorley

How adorable is Booker! The photo of him has melted my heart <3 

I agree more schools should have dogs!  When I was at university we would have therapy dog events where we could go in a room and play with dogs to help us de-stress after handing in essays.  It really boosted morale and calmed everyone down.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • melaniethorley
    melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Options
    I am in total agreement, although I have to say Booker is probably the grumpiest pug I have ever seen. 

We also have therapy dogs at my university, especially during exam time although some universities have full-on petting zoos with rabbits and llamas.  I think it will take me a while to convince the senior people at Greenwich that we should have alpacas in on a regular basis. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It might take a while but imagine the students faces seeing actual llamas on campus :D  After this academic year they definitely deserve it!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This looks great!
    Scope

Brightness