Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Here comes the Sun-day thread of things you're looking forward to during the coming week ☀️

Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,780 Disability Gamechanger
The sun might not be out, and the forecast looks grim (at least where I am), but I'd like to know what you've got coming up this week that you're looking forward to. 

It can be tiny and trivial, or huge and exciting, and anything in-between! 

Here are mine:
  • I'll be seeing my family later this week. We haven't all been together in ages, and I haven't seen one of my brothers since Christmas! 
  • I made a big batch of pasta bake the other day that I'm going to tuck into this week, and I can't wait 
I look forward to hearing what you're getting up to :)

Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 7,018 Disability Gamechanger
    We have our 28 week scan on Friday 😁 can't wait to see our Little Avenger 💚
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,780 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing @Ami2301! Congratulations :) That's so exciting

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    Thank you @Tori_Scope :) will you be doing anything nice with your family?
    Community Champion
    I think we're going to try and have a picnic if the weather holds out @Ami2301. Other than that, I'm not sure. We live all around the country so we're meeting up in a central spot... that none of us know very well :D

Well I hope the weather stays nice for you! Even if the forecast says different, we do live in Britain after all 😂
    Community Champion
    Thanks @Ami2301! Yes I think it might be soggy sandwiches for us, although the forecast is promising an overcast but dry day at the moment. I've learnt not to get my hopes up though :D

• CressCress Member Posts: 356 Pioneering
    I'm 57 and getting my first dishwasher on friday...I cant wait!
    No more greasy pots and pans, my mother thoroughly disapproves.

"What do you need a dishwasher for?
    You've got a pair of hands"
    I figured I wouldn't dream of hand washing my clothes so what the heck am I doing still washing dishes?

😀
    edited August 2020
    I'm extremely jealous @Cress! Washing up is one of my least favourite tasks. It's endless. Eat off of the plate. Wash the plate. Eat off of the plate again a few hours later. Wash the plate again. Rinse and repeat (literally) FOREVER. 

That is a classic motherly line :D Although my Mum gets annoyed if I wash up my plate out of habit at hers because it means she can't fill the dishwasher to full capacity- there's no winning!

• leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 2,708 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    During lockdown I really needed a haircut so eventually, when I could see my way clear of my fringe, I ordered a set of hair clippers and guide combs. At last I could cut my hair. It was so exciting. Then I learned that hair, on average, grows at approx ten millimetres a month so I marked off the next month in my diary and waited and waited. 

Cutting a long story short, I’ve found that my hair doesn’t grow very fast at all and I may have to wait for two or even three months before I can reap any reward worth talking about. But the good news is ...next week it’s that time again! Yay! Haircut 💇‍♂️ time!

(well you did say no matter how trivial @Tori_Scope)
    edited August 2020
    Honestly, after the experience we all had with harrowing haircuts (or lack thereof) over lockdown, I no longer see hair-related issues as trivial at all! 

Enjoy your haircut @leeCal :)
    Cutting a long story short
    Nice.

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Granddaughter coming to stay not seen her since December  <3
    My poor **** tzu would agree there's nothing trivial about a hair cut...he still hasn't forgiven me :D

He didn't leave me a tip cant think why lol
    That's wonderful @woodbine! You must be so excited to see her. Have you got anything nice planned to do together, or are you just chilling? 

Haha oh dear @Cress. I did see some ashamed looking dogs out and about.

Cant believe the spelling mistake I kind of spelt it the way it sounds..of course I meant shih tzu...lol
    It's all good @Cress, we know what you meant :D

• TopkittenTopkitten Member Posts: 1,263 Pioneering
    Not much and that's probably understating it.

If only my kids would respond to the hints on FB I might have something to look forward to.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,266 Disability Gamechanger
    That's wonderful @woodbine! You must be so excited to see her. Have you got anything nice planned to do together, or are you just chilling? 
    she's 13 going on 23 so its a meal out and a days clothes shopping with gran, i'm leaving them to that bit !!!
    I'm sorry to hear that @Topkitten :( Is there anything else you can be excited about? Getting a carer on Monday is something to look forward to, I think! 

Sounds like a great day @woodbine! I'm sure she'll appreciate it, even if she doesn't always say it :) 

Care is a two-edged sword @Tori_Scope, yes it is nice to have help but they can tend to take over your own home, moving things to where you aren't happy sometimes. As one with OCD I find that part not so good.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • MthebraveMthebrave Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Seeing my niece for the first time this year 💙 due to lockdown 
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,301 Disability Gamechanger
    Enjoying the last full week of school holidays and having my son around.

Will be strange him going back to school after all this time and having to get out of bed early
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,827 Disability Gamechanger
    I had to wait in for a delivery of my laptop today. It was sent off to Apple for repairs (free, under warranty :)) and is now back and working again so that is good. :)
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,073 Pioneering
    edited August 2020
    This week I'm looking forward to settling into my new home, tonight will be our third night here.

I hope you enjoy the time with your family @Tori_Scope :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    I can appreciate that @Topkitten, and I know you've had negative experiences in the past. How has it been going? 

That sounds lovely @Mthebrave :) Have fun!

Yes it must have been ages since he was at school @janer1967. It'll definitely be strange at first, and I don't envy you having to get him out of bed early in the morning... Enjoy your final week. Is he all set to go? 

Yay @66Mustang! Thank goodness for free repairs under warranty. 

Thanks @Ross_Scope! Congratulations on moving into your new home :) Exciting times.

@Tori_Scope, care was supposed to start yesterday and the care worker assured me the paperwork was in place but someone higher up has sat on it and held it up. It was expected because years ago I got someone's favorite niece or granddaughter into trouble when I complained about mistakes made and Social Care have been Social Uncaring to me ever since.

Maybe it will start Wednesday but I wont hold my breath.

TK
    Ahh that's very frustrating @Topkitten, I'm sorry. I've got my fingers crossed for Wednesday! Keep us updated.

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,301 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tori_Scope He is all ready for going back now I have remembered he needed a new coat its only the heavy rain today reminded me Amazon to the rescue lol

It will be me that will struggle with the getting up early not him 
    Yeah the weather's been horrible today hasn't it @janer1967. Good thinking!

Haha fair enough :D You'll have to enforce your own bedtime. 

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,680 Disability Gamechanger
    This weekend my mum is having a little (social distanced) party which should be lovey. Just hope the weather is on our side! 
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Sounds great @Chloe_Scope! Hopefully the weather will be alright :) 

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,680 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed @Tori_Scope
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.