UC after change of circumstances from ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

UC after change of circumstances from ESA


I currently live in a UC Full service area. Im on ESA SG with couple rate SDP. When the SDP  transition rules came in force in Jan 2019 I remained on ESA with housing benefit payable.

I now have a change in circumstances as my daughter 19 leaves full time education. No longer entitled to SDP.

Does that mean I will have to go on UC ? As the change takes place  .. or as Poppy suggested stay on ESA and claim Carers allowance for each other.
Is there  anything that will trigger the DWP closing my ESA SG claim ?? 

No big fan of UC ....
Thank you



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.