over 70 licence — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

over 70 licence

Ryde555
Ryde555 Member Posts: 14 Listener
I could not renew my over 70s licence although this was my first renewal, it would not accept the bypass of passport no, as I don't have one and stated my licence was invalid and would need to complete form D1, I completed the form as requested, returned to DVLA with my old licence and birth certificate / proof of pension etc. It has now been returned back to me requesting I send in new photo and £17 fee to be paid by cheque which as I don't possess a cheque book will have to wait 7 days for it to be sent out, as my bank branch has closed and the nearest branch is 12 miles away.
So far this has cost me £29 with photos / fee and 2 lots of signed for postage, can someone explain why I am having to pay in the first place
as I was advised this was free for over 70s and why I had to include another photo with it when my 1st over 70s licence with phot  is not quite 3yrs old, so now my current licence will be invalid in 5 days time and I am not supposed to drive, I luckily have all my faculties but this could be very daunting for someone else.
Anyone have any idea why this is happening

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.