Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Seeking advice for my 4 year old granddaughter urgently?
Hi there! I am seeking information for my daughter. She is a single parent of 4 year old twins. One of whom is severely disabled- cerebral palsy, visually impaired, none verbal to name a few things. She has no support or help whatsoever. She moved to a different part of the country in August 2019 and by the time the education plan was in place etc the lockdown happened so she start nursery in March as planned. Although the school is due to open she has heard nothing and my granddaughter is meant to have an appointed person to care for her in the school.
She has not had so much as a letter of advice about COVID considering my granddaughter is classed as a vulnerable child. She even has to go and pick up the prescription once a month take it to the chemist then return 2-3 days later to collect 30 bottles of a nutritional drink the dietitian prescribed every month. She gets hardly any sleep. She has to blend every meal and push it through a sieve to remove any lumps then it can take 1-2 hours to feed her 1 meal. Plus she has to care for and entertain her twin. I help her as much as I can but it’s a lot even for the two off us. Can you offer any advice or information please?
Thank you in advance I only found the scope website yesterday and am very grateful to have done so.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.