Do I need to report a change? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Do I need to report a change?

depressedmum09 Member Posts: 34 Courageous
Sadly, my mental health took a downwards spiral over the past week. Im writing this post from a place called stepping stones. I feel a lot more collected and calm now thankfully. My crisis team thought it would be good for me to stay here for a few days whilst they monitor me. 
Ive had a medication overhaul, so brand new medication and my mental health support team has changed including my psychiatrist. Do I need to notify PIP of these changes? 
Im in the stages of an MR at the minute so im not sure whether this new information will be at all relevant. 


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,382 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I am sorry to hear about your recent slip in mental health and glad you are getting some support

    You only need to report a change if your daily living is affected a change in medication,, mental health support does not need to be reported.

    As for your existing MR it will only take into account your condition at the time of your application as that is the decision you are appealing against

    A reporting of a change will start the whole process off again form filling , assessment etc and this will run along side your current claim  

    Unless you daily living has been affected significantly then I wouldnt suggest reporting

    Hope you get better soon
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,206 Disability Gamechanger

    I'm sorry to hear this and hope you feel better soon.

    For reporting a worsening of condition the 3 month rule will apply, this means that you must have had the worsening of condition for at least 3 months.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.