Do I need to report a change? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I need to report a change?

Options
depressedmum09
depressedmum09 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
Sadly, my mental health took a downwards spiral over the past week. Im writing this post from a place called stepping stones. I feel a lot more collected and calm now thankfully. My crisis team thought it would be good for me to stay here for a few days whilst they monitor me. 
Ive had a medication overhaul, so brand new medication and my mental health support team has changed including my psychiatrist. Do I need to notify PIP of these changes? 
Im in the stages of an MR at the minute so im not sure whether this new information will be at all relevant. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I am sorry to hear about your recent slip in mental health and glad you are getting some support

You only need to report a change if your daily living is affected a change in medication,, mental health support does not need to be reported.

As for your existing MR it will only take into account your condition at the time of your application as that is the decision you are appealing against

A reporting of a change will start the whole process off again form filling , assessment etc and this will run along side your current claim  

Unless you daily living has been affected significantly then I wouldnt suggest reporting

Hope you get better soon
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I'm sorry to hear this and hope you feel better soon.

For reporting a worsening of condition the 3 month rule will apply, this means that you must have had the worsening of condition for at least 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.