Depressing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Depressing

Options
harry01
harry01 Community member Posts: 217 Courageous
I find all of this incredibly depressing. A horrid way to live. I just find the response from medicine currently not good enough. 

Comments

• harry01
    Options
    I would have been an athlete. But I just want to be comfortable to some degree. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @harry01

I'm sorry you are feeling depressed.  Living with chronic pain is hard and somedays can be really testing.  Does your medication get reviewed frequently?  it might be worth speaking with your health professional to see if it the dose or type of medication you are on can be changed to better relieve your pain.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @harry01 Sorry you are feeling depressed try and think of what you can be rather than what you cant be anymore.

You still have value but just need to channel it differently now, like coming on here is adding value to your life and others

Is there anything you can take up eg hobbies or something to take your mind off things

I used to find colouring very theraputic and also doing some form of puzzles
  • harry01
    Options
    I play chess a bit. And I'm a YouTube junky. I just have to be doing that all the time as when I'm not talking to someone or doing something I get depressed. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I see on your other posts today you are trying to help others on here and that is a very positive thing for you to do

My son is never off you tube dont know what the fascination is but keeps him occupied
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Who do you like to watch on YouTube @harry01

Distraction techniques are a way of dealing with depression day to day, but it might be the case that you could benefit from speaking to a professional too to help you cope in the long-term. Have you spoken to a mental health professional about the problems you've been having with your mental health? I remember from your other posts that you haven't been getting the help you feel you need from other health professionals, but a mental health team might be able to offer you some support, such as therapy or medication? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.