mental health being so cruel - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mental health being so cruel

2»

Comments

• willow12
    willow12 Community member Posts: 280 Pioneering
    Yes I think my anxiety affects my sleep alot and thank you 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @willow12 :)

Here's an article by the Sleep Foundation on the link between anxiety and trouble sleeping.

Have you ever tried any techniques such as improving your 'sleep hygiene', or sleep restriction? I can give you some advice and post some resources if you think that might be useful?

Are you interested in perhaps speaking to a therapist at all? That could help tackle all three problems, and you can make a self-referral without having to speak to your GP first.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • willow12
    Thank you I'm on a waiting list too see a councillor 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great stuff @willow12! Give us a shout if you ever want some information and we can try and find some for you :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • willow12
    Thank you means alot
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    willow12 said:
    Hi ernie2009 thank you for your message hope your ok yep am same as you don't matter how late I stay up I get about 3 hours sleep then bang I'm up worrying about the day ahead putting kettle on from about 4am then am awake all day till sometimes after midnight.
    hi willow12, ive only found one way of getting a full nights sleep and thats if i take more amitriptyline and metazapine than i supposed to then im like a zombie the next day and along with my mobility problems not good.i too suffer with anxiety and depression and have done for years but the past 10 years its got worse really off the scale some days. id just love one day when i didnt myther and had some peace of mind. i know exactly how you feel its not nice and some well most days in my case damn right cruel. i wish you well willow12 and hopefully a good nights sleep tonight.
  • willow12
    Thanks for your msg ernie2009 I have suffered with anxiety and depression for about 20 years been on al diff meds last ones was mitazipine but brought myself off them I couldn't function straight nx day was like zombie plus I have 6 kids too look after aswell so try manage without meds plus had a hard life lost my baby at 4 months pregnant last year lost my sister to a epileptic fit 20 years ago followed by my brother I got brought up in foster care etc but guess what keeps me going ? My 6 beautiful kids hope you manage too sleep tonight 
  • ernie2009
    willow12 said:
    Thanks for your msg ernie2009 I have suffered with anxiety and depression for about 20 years been on al diff meds last ones was mitazipine but brought myself off them I couldn't function straight nx day was like zombie plus I have 6 kids too look after aswell so try manage without meds plus had a hard life lost my baby at 4 months pregnant last year lost my sister to a epileptic fit 20 years ago followed by my brother I got brought up in foster care etc but guess what keeps me going ? My 6 beautiful kids hope you manage too sleep tonight 
    wow willow you havnt had a lot of luck lately have you but as you say you have 6 beautiful kids in your life and am sure you proud of each and everyone of them as any mum would be. sleep tight and have a wonderfull day tomorrow.
  • willow12
    Hi ernie2009 yes my kids are my world they mean alot too me they do keep me busy of course lol goodnight ernie godbless sleep well takecare hope you have a good day tomorrow  chat too you soon .
  • willow12
    @ernie2009 Morning hope your well and that you managed some sleep last night 
  • ernie2009
    willow12 said:
    @ernie2009 Morning hope your well and that you managed some sleep last night 
    hi willow12, went to bed at 10pm woke at 12.30. managed to get back off but up at 12 minutes past 3. once im awake thats it im afraid. hopefully you had a much better night than me and you are have a wonderfull day. sorry for delay in replying but had to go for check at hospital speak soon hopefully.
  • willow12
    @ernie2009 afternoon had **** nights sleep as ever never mind it's just the norm for me something I just gotta live with I suppose hope your hospital check up went ok chat soon enjoy the rest of your day 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.