Positive affirmation corner — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Positive affirmation corner

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
edited September 2020 in Mental health and wellbeing

This thread is a place for the community to share a daily positive affirmation.

What are positive affirmations?

Positive affirmations are short statements that aim to inspire people, help stop negative thoughts and build up self-esteem.

An example of a positive affirmation is:  “I am worth loving.  There is love all around me”

How do I use positive affirmations?

The Law of Attraction’s website tells us a good way of practicing positive affirmations is to:

• Take three deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling to a count of 10.
  • Stand or sit in front of a mirror and look yourself in the eyes. Smile, if it feels natural.
  • Say your affirmation slowly and clearly.
  • Repeat the affirmation 3-5 times, really focusing on the meaning of each word.
  • Take another three deep breaths, allowing your body to absorb the positive feeling of the affirmation.

Photograph of a young boy looking at a yellow wall that has believe in yourself painted across it

Let’s start with a positive affirmation for today:  

“I have a lot to offer"

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.