PIP forms and welfare rights — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP forms and welfare rights

davegregson40 Member Posts: 81 Pioneering
Dear Community Members

I would like to share that I had a very helpful conversation today with the Welfare Rights, who were very helpful with the completing the form. This is a member of staff from the local authority. I would recommend anyone in a similar situation to book an appointment because the filling out of the forms can not be very user friendly, especially for those experiencing mental health issues.
Thank you 


  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,158 Disability Gamechanger
    I have to agree I have always found WR to be friendly helpful and knowledgeable, sadly not all areas have access to WR now.
    Be extra nice to new members.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,845 Connected
    Any specific service?
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,845 Connected
    Almost all existing advice services across the UK remain open. The type of provision available will necessarily have changed to email or phone but almost all remain open subject to the usual issues around staff health and IT. In some cases face to face provision still exists although that is, mostly, offered as a last resort in truly exceptional circumstances because of the risk to the client and the risk to the adviser. Home visits are, understandably I think. mostly off the agenda because it’s impossible to do a risk assessment for a venue over which you have no control over who has been there; who might call in/refuse to leave and so on. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,114 Disability Gamechanger

    Thanks for sharing that with us we do advise members to use this service but it's nice to hear from someone who has had a positive experience 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.