PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP forms and welfare rights

davegregson40davegregson40 Member Posts: 81 Pioneering
Dear Community Members

I would like to share that I had a very helpful conversation today with the Welfare Rights, who were very helpful with the completing the form. This is a member of staff from the local authority. I would recommend anyone in a similar situation to book an appointment because the filling out of the forms can not be very user friendly, especially for those experiencing mental health issues.
Thank you 
Dave  

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,707 Disability Gamechanger
    I have to agree I have always found WR to be friendly helpful and knowledgeable, sadly not all areas have access to WR now.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,914 Disability Gamechanger
    Any specific service?
  • earthchild23earthchild23 Member Posts: 145 Pioneering
    I should of come on earlier when we was doing the award review I had no idea welfare rights was open due to COVID as they normally come out and see me. 🤦‍♀️. Thanks for info though I’ll use them if I need a MR and or appeal x
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,914 Disability Gamechanger
    Almost all existing advice services across the UK remain open. The type of provision available will necessarily have changed to email or phone but almost all remain open subject to the usual issues around staff health and IT. In some cases face to face provision still exists although that is, mostly, offered as a last resort in truly exceptional circumstances because of the risk to the client and the risk to the adviser. Home visits are, understandably I think. mostly off the agenda because it’s impossible to do a risk assessment for a venue over which you have no control over who has been there; who might call in/refuse to leave and so on. 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,066 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Thanks for sharing that with us we do advise members to use this service but it's nice to hear from someone who has had a positive experience 
Sign in or join us to comment.