Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


tina1148 Member Posts: 20 Connected
Does anyone know the email address or phone contact details of where to send PIP complaints or is it ATOS?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,533 Disability Gamechanger

    It depends what the complaint is about. If it's assessment related then it will be the health assessment providers, which is either Independent assessment services or Capita depending on where you live.
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 6,744

    Scope community team

    Good morning @tina1148, hope you're well.

    As mentioned above, it will depend on which service you are wanting to complain about, DWP or one of the organisations that provide services like the assessments.

    This page provides information about how to go about either one of those.  It has a section for complaints about the DWP, and then further down a section for complaints about an external organisation that provides services on behalf of the DWP.

    Hope this helps. 
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,847 Connected
    We could probably save you some time if we had the gist of the complaint. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 15,244 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome glad you have joined and hope the info is what you were looking for . If not come back for further advice 
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Member Posts: 162 Pioneering
    can i just ask if folks do lodge complaints about the dwp or capita etc does anything ever happen with said complaints or just ignored or swept under the carpet?. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,190 Disability Gamechanger
    It's very often the same old story "lessons will be learnt", but complaining about bad experiences might make life a little bit easier for people going forward.
    Be extra nice to new members.
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Member Posts: 162 Pioneering
    woodbine said:
    It's very often the same old story "lessons will be learnt", but complaining about bad experiences might make life a little bit easier for people going forward.
    many thanks woodbine for your reply. the reason i asked the question is because my pip assessment report came back this wk and all though better than expected its still full of porkies so just wondered if worth making a complaint about it. many thanks again.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Posts: 8,847 Connected
    If the report recommends an award then the question is whether that’s the correct award.

    If the report recommends no award then think about:

    1 - if you’re doing an MR then picking apart the whole report is rarely helpful. Focus on 2 or 3 obvious irrefutable errors. If you get to appeal you’re kicking at an open door but they will both focus on the strength of your evidence not the weakness of the HCP report. They will not disregard the report or exclude it. They will give it less weight but even that won’t help if your evidence isn’t especially strong. So, back to you, not them.

    2 - if your only issue is inaccuracies in the report then you can render them irrelevant by winning at MR/appeal. There’s no evidence that complaints to assessment providers makes anything better for anyone else so what, specifically, is it that you want? If you want more points then MR is your main route. Some complaints can get you more points if there is an obvious error but most people are too busy accusing HCPs of being liars to focus on an aspect which might get them those points. If you just accuse them of a bunch of lies, not a thing you can legally prove, then your complaint will usually go nowhere.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.