PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP COMPLAINTS CONTACT DETAILS

tina1148tina1148 Member Posts: 20 Connected
Does anyone know the email address or phone contact details of where to send PIP complaints or is it ATOS?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It depends what the complaint is about. If it's assessment related then it will be the health assessment providers, which is either Independent assessment services or Capita depending on where you live.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,105

Scope community team

Good morning @tina1148, hope you're well.

As mentioned above, it will depend on which service you are wanting to complain about, DWP or one of the organisations that provide services like the assessments.

This page provides information about how to go about either one of those.  It has a section for complaints about the DWP, and then further down a section for complaints about an external organisation that provides services on behalf of the DWP.

Hope this helps. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,931 Disability Gamechanger
    We could probably save you some time if we had the gist of the complaint. 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,113 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome glad you have joined and hope the info is what you were looking for . If not come back for further advice 
  • ernie2009ernie2009 Member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    can i just ask if folks do lodge complaints about the dwp or capita etc does anything ever happen with said complaints or just ignored or swept under the carpet?. 
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,719 Disability Gamechanger
    It's very often the same old story "lessons will be learnt", but complaining about bad experiences might make life a little bit easier for people going forward.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • ernie2009ernie2009 Member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    woodbine said:
    It's very often the same old story "lessons will be learnt", but complaining about bad experiences might make life a little bit easier for people going forward.
    many thanks woodbine for your reply. the reason i asked the question is because my pip assessment report came back this wk and all though better than expected its still full of porkies so just wondered if worth making a complaint about it. many thanks again.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,931 Disability Gamechanger
    If the report recommends an award then the question is whether that’s the correct award.

If the report recommends no award then think about:

1 - if you’re doing an MR then picking apart the whole report is rarely helpful. Focus on 2 or 3 obvious irrefutable errors. If you get to appeal you’re kicking at an open door but they will both focus on the strength of your evidence not the weakness of the HCP report. They will not disregard the report or exclude it. They will give it less weight but even that won’t help if your evidence isn’t especially strong. So, back to you, not them.

2 - if your only issue is inaccuracies in the report then you can render them irrelevant by winning at MR/appeal. There’s no evidence that complaints to assessment providers makes anything better for anyone else so what, specifically, is it that you want? If you want more points then MR is your main route. Some complaints can get you more points if there is an obvious error but most people are too busy accusing HCPs of being liars to focus on an aspect which might get them those points. If you just accuse them of a bunch of lies, not a thing you can legally prove, then your complaint will usually go nowhere.
Sign in or join us to comment.