Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Home making me sick

PatriciaPatricia Member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi everyone, I feel unheard and powerless! I don't have anyone to vouch for me and I can't do it myself. The housing quality is poor being a conversion flat. Since the noise from the neighbours boiler is not a problem for healthy people, I am being ignored! I am being forced to move having got chronic migraine from the noise and vibration. But all that is ignored and they are moving me based on need to move nearer my son. Which affects my points and ignores the real reason. Is there no justice in the world? 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm a little confused here so please can you confirm that you're saying you don't want to move? Or you want to move but not closer to your son?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • PatriciaPatricia Member Posts: 12 Connected
    I fear moving because if my problem is being ignored then I could easily have the same problem again! Plus the spacial orientation part of my brain is not working. My son wants to move so not a long term solution. Stuck between a rock and a hard place .
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,010

Scope community team

Hi @Patricia! Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the Housing category
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Personally, i think that you could have the same problem as you have now if you move to another flat and i'm speaking from experience here with living in a flat myself for a couple of years. My flat was also converted from a house and the noise coming from the man upstairs was horrible and i could hear everything, even talking and his snoring, which used to drive me insane as it used to keep me awake.

I moved to a house and now i don't hear anything from either of my neighbours. I think it will totally depend on where you're moving to.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Patricia, just wanted to check in to see how you were getting on. :)

Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    Working on my breathing and moving my bedroom to the front in the hope of less affect on me. I emailed my housing manager details of hyperacusis. Waiting for response. Thank you so much for asking x

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope they get back to you soon and moving things around is helpful @Patricia. :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.