Home making me sick — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home making me sick

Patricia
Patricia Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi everyone, I feel unheard and powerless! I don't have anyone to vouch for me and I can't do it myself. The housing quality is poor being a conversion flat. Since the noise from the neighbours boiler is not a problem for healthy people, I am being ignored! I am being forced to move having got chronic migraine from the noise and vibration. But all that is ignored and they are moving me based on need to move nearer my son. Which affects my points and ignores the real reason. Is there no justice in the world? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm a little confused here so please can you confirm that you're saying you don't want to move? Or you want to move but not closer to your son?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Patricia
    I fear moving because if my problem is being ignored then I could easily have the same problem again! Plus the spacial orientation part of my brain is not working. My son wants to move so not a long term solution. Stuck between a rock and a hard place .
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Patricia! Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the Housing category
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Patricia
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Personally, i think that you could have the same problem as you have now if you move to another flat and i'm speaking from experience here with living in a flat myself for a couple of years. My flat was also converted from a house and the noise coming from the man upstairs was horrible and i could hear everything, even talking and his snoring, which used to drive me insane as it used to keep me awake.

I moved to a house and now i don't hear anything from either of my neighbours. I think it will totally depend on where you're moving to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Patricia, just wanted to check in to see how you were getting on. :)

Scope

• Patricia
    Working on my breathing and moving my bedroom to the front in the hope of less affect on me. I emailed my housing manager details of hyperacusis. Waiting for response. Thank you so much for asking x

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope they get back to you soon and moving things around is helpful @Patricia. :)
    Scope

Brightness