Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please calm my nerves! (ESA)
Hello, I am in the support group and have been for a few years now and in Jan I got yet another ESA50 which I filled in and sent back. I fully expected to be called for a medical as I always am (and twice they stopped my money and it went to tribunal which I thankfully won)
I recently got a letter that they are going to call me next thursday for a phone assessment. I'm normally a shaking/bundle of nerves at the medicals but this has me even more worried as I hate using the phone. I get muddled and start to panic. also if they are using the phone then they can't see me face to face and see how bad I am so I'm getting very stressed over this and barely slept even an hour straight last night.
anyone done one of these? any tips on how to do it withing going into a total anxious panic?
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.