Boost your mental health, one thing at a time
Today (10th October 2020) is World Mental Health Day 2020.
Today is dedicated to supporting better mental health and looking after our own emotional wellbeing. It’s more important than ever given the many months of lockdown and restrictions people have faced this year.
The mental health charity MIND tells us:
What’s on the community to help members with their mental health?
Scope’s online community is a non-judgemental space for people to talk about their mental health.
Our mental health discussion board contains stories and questions our members have previously shared. This is a handy place to look for information about different mental health conditions.
Our virtual coffee lounge is another relaxed place to speak about any troubling feelings you may be having. For instance, we have a daily mental health check in where members say how they are feeling so others can offer support and help if it’s a particularly bad day.
We also post regular threads about mental health issues such as @Tori_Scope ‘s insightful World Suicide Prevention Day 2020 – What are your top tops for mental wellbeing? This post contains various resources and contact details for support, so be sure to give it a read if things feel too much for you.
What can I do today?
The team over at MIND are recognising World Mental Health Day 2020 by urging people to do one thing today to benefit their mental health:
In light of this, I’ve decided to go outside later for a slow jog to clear my head and take in some of the local scenery. This has a calming effect and I always come home slightly cheerier.
Over to you:
- What one thing will you do today to improve your emotional wellbeing?
- Why does this help you?
- What advice would you give to others who might be struggling with their feelings?
Want to tell us about your experience on the online community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments