Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
ESA when on PIP
Wanted to know - I am on PIP and was advised by The Brain Charity to go on ESA as well whilst I find a job. The only thing is you need a doctors sick note and fill out another form (24 pages). My question is I'm not sick I just have a disability namely MS and the main barrier for not getting a job is mainly due to discrimination and also lots of people applying for the same role. Last job applied for had 187 applications and lucky the interview is via Zoom, so they could not see my stick, which I have seen in the past the interviewers reactions when they see this! Should I go for ESA until a role comes my way?
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.