Here at the Wheelchair Football Association (WFA), we believe everyone can play a part in changing lives through the power of football.
Powerchair Football is a unique sport that provides opportunities for people with a high level of impairment to access the game of football. It is the only active team participation sport for people who use electric wheelchairs.
The sport is fast-paced, dynamic and very enjoyable to watch. Due to the unique nature of the Powerchair Football, it allows all ages, disabilities and both genders to compete together. Powerchair Football enables disabled people to take part in regular activity and provides them with competition – something that the majority will never have, or rarely, experienced before due to their impairment. As a result, it builds key life skills such as teamwork and communication.
However it doesn’t just provide sporting opportunity – powerchair football creates a great social opportunity for the players and their families as they experience the highs and lows of participating in the nation’s favourite sport. It brings strangers together, many of whom have similar stories and life experiences, creating friendships and bonds which last a lifetime.
For a taste of how exciting and fun this sport is here are some videos
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments