Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Hello my name is helen I am new to this site, I have ask for advice on various local sites on social media which has been helpful but feel like I am being judged sometimes for posting such things like disabled friendly places to take my mum and wheelchair repairs etc I have got all the info I need at the moment but didn’t realise there was a forum to help with things like this so grateful to have found it now. My mum suffers with strokes so can no longer walk I am trying to make every day life easier for her for example I didn’t know they did specific cutlery for stroke sufferers so have bought her some but wish I had known about some things sooner.
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 938 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.