Are you feeling the costs of being disabled more this year?
Talking about her income being cut by a reduction in work, Samantha described how the extra costs she accrued due to being disabled exacerbated her disadvantage.
Giving examples of this, she said:
Scope have campaigned about the additional costs disabled people face and produced a report about it in 2019 called the Disability Price tag. Nevertheless, since this the pandemic has changed the financial landscape even more meaning things are now arguably tighter than ever.
So how are you feeling this shift? Have you managed to remain (thankfully) unaffected, or are things financially tough? What extra costs are your personal bug bear? Let us know.
Want to tell us about your experience on the online community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments