Hi, my name is Margaretanne56! Molly for short. Will being on PIP and ESA affect my state pension? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Margaretanne56! Molly for short. Will being on PIP and ESA affect my state pension?

Margaretanne56
Margaretanne56 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
does any one know if because I've been on ESA and PIP for a long time will it effect my State Pension?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Margaretanne56 - & welcome to the community. Your PIP will continue past State Pension age, so long as you have a current award. ESA is for those under State Pension age, so will end then. You will get a letter inviting you to apply for a State Pension some months previous to the date when you would be of State Pension age. I hope that answers your query. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Margaretanne56 :) It's great to have you here.

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the What benefits am I entitled to? category.

Let us know if you have any further questions, and feel free to get involved with any other discussions that interest you. Would you like to tell us a bit more about yourself? 

We look forward to seeing you around! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.