Direct Payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Direct Payments

Oxonlady
Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
I have been in receipt of Direct Payments for around six years. 
I have two problems with this :
1. Around 19 months ago Social Services reduced my Care Hours from 30 to 20. I was not happy with this because it meant that I had no time at all for a weekly outing with my carer.
I consulted a solicitor from a charity and lodged an appeal. The legal case is still ongoing but the Council's legal team are being obstructive and causing many unnecessary delays. This is causing stress of course but I also have the continual practical problems that come with reduced hours. Is there anything I can do to get Social Services to get a move on to restore my hours?

2. The Council has raised my weekly personal contribution to almost £57, which I cannot afford. They say that they have taken all my Disability Related Expenses into account already. They claim that it is central government that's imposing the increased charges. Is there anything else I can do?
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.