Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

A dream come true?

leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 2,710 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2020 in Coffee lounge
just wondering if anyone has ever had a dream which came true?
or perhaps just an interesting dream which actually made sense?

I wasted this mornings extra hour by over sleeping and though I know I had an interesting dream I really don’t remember it 🤣
however once I did have a dream where all the numbers of a winning lottery ticket were read out. I was in a hall and someone offered me the microphone and gave me the winning lottery ticket numbers to read out. I read them number by number, throughout the night every time I woke up a little I’d say the numbers over and over. The next day was a Saturday and so I bought a ticket using these numbers. I got one correct... a bonus ball number. interesting dream but no cigar! 😖

Replies

• 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,835 Disability Gamechanger
    I often have a dream that I’m driving a car and either the brakes don’t work or for some reason I can’t control the car as the steering wheel and pedals don’t work as well as they should. Then I wake up. I hope that doesn’t come true!
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,780 Disability Gamechanger
    I rarely remember my dreams, but I do find I often have dreams about being back at school. Nothing exciting or fantastical happens, I'm just... back at school with my classmates. Super boring. If I ever have an interesting one, I usually immediately forget it as soon as I wake up. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 2,710 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s interesting @66Mustang. I have often dreamed of being in a car and I eventually understood that the car was me! My mind now conjures up this car or a vehicle and illustrates how I’m thinking about things which have happened the day before. As soon as I realised this things made more sense. I’m not saying that that is what your mind is doing but as a metaphor it might be a little enlightening. Only you would know this of course, since dreams are very personal.

years ago I started to keep a dream diary and I had three different ways of analysing the dream contents, I don’t remember them now except one was that every aspect of the dream was actually you no matter who was ‘acting’ in the dream. Anyway, I spent hours analysing my dreams until it became an obsession! I was spending more time dreaming and analysing than living a normal life! So I stopped, because keeping a diary actually made me dream more than usual or at least I remembered the dreams more than usual. I’d say everything in moderation though, a little dream interpretation from time to time is probably the way to go.
  • OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,040 Disability Gamechanger
    I've never had a dream come true...  Wait, wasn't that S Club 7?
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,315 Disability Gamechanger
    When I was pregnant I had a dream that my baby was inside and was wearing some dungarees . I then went into labour and the buttons on the dungarees got stuck.

Luckily it didnt come true and he arrived without being clothed 
    Everybody's got something, they had to leave behind @OverlyAnxious

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    This made me laugh out loud and wince at the same time @janer1967 :D:grimace: That's so strange

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,315 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tori_Scope Pregnancy dreams are so weird
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 7,018 Disability Gamechanger
    I can relate @janer1967 I've had countless weird dreams throughout my pregnancy, all of which I can't remember
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
Sign in or join us to comment.