A dream come true? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A dream come true?

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
edited October 2020 in Coffee lounge
just wondering if anyone has ever had a dream which came true?
or perhaps just an interesting dream which actually made sense?

I wasted this mornings extra hour by over sleeping and though I know I had an interesting dream I really don’t remember it ?
however once I did have a dream where all the numbers of a winning lottery ticket were read out. I was in a hall and someone offered me the microphone and gave me the winning lottery ticket numbers to read out. I read them number by number, throughout the night every time I woke up a little I’d say the numbers over and over. The next day was a Saturday and so I bought a ticket using these numbers. I got one correct... a bonus ball number. interesting dream but no cigar! ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I often have a dream that I’m driving a car and either the brakes don’t work or for some reason I can’t control the car as the steering wheel and pedals don’t work as well as they should. Then I wake up. I hope that doesn’t come true!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I rarely remember my dreams, but I do find I often have dreams about being back at school. Nothing exciting or fantastical happens, I'm just... back at school with my classmates. Super boring. If I ever have an interesting one, I usually immediately forget it as soon as I wake up. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That’s interesting @66Mustang. I have often dreamed of being in a car and I eventually understood that the car was me! My mind now conjures up this car or a vehicle and illustrates how I’m thinking about things which have happened the day before. As soon as I realised this things made more sense. I’m not saying that that is what your mind is doing but as a metaphor it might be a little enlightening. Only you would know this of course, since dreams are very personal.

years ago I started to keep a dream diary and I had three different ways of analysing the dream contents, I don’t remember them now except one was that every aspect of the dream was actually you no matter who was ‘acting’ in the dream. Anyway, I spent hours analysing my dreams until it became an obsession! I was spending more time dreaming and analysing than living a normal life! So I stopped, because keeping a diary actually made me dream more than usual or at least I remembered the dreams more than usual. I’d say everything in moderation though, a little dream interpretation from time to time is probably the way to go.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've never had a dream come true...  Wait, wasn't that S Club 7?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When I was pregnant I had a dream that my baby was inside and was wearing some dungarees . I then went into labour and the buttons on the dungarees got stuck.

Luckily it didnt come true and he arrived without being clothed 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Everybody's got something, they had to leave behind @OverlyAnxious

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    This made me laugh out loud and wince at the same time @janer1967 :D:grimace: That's so strange

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tori_Scope Pregnancy dreams are so weird
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can relate @janer1967 I've had countless weird dreams throughout my pregnancy, all of which I can't remember
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness