Do you ever see disabled parking spaces taken by non blue badge holders? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you ever see disabled parking spaces taken by non blue badge holders?

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
One of our members Hannah Barham-Brown - @HannahPopsy -  is a hospital doctor and wheelchair user who uses TikTok to share videos about her everyday life.

In some of her latest videos, Hannah has spoken out about her frustration at the hospital's parking spaces repeatedly being occupied by lorry drivers, vans and non-disabled people.  To take a look at this, visit her TikTok page.

This causes problems for Hannah as she is unable to park and get into work safely, so has to drive to a remote office to work.  That this happens to a professional clinician might sound surprising, but does it reflect wider mis-use of blue parking spaces that you've seen too?

I'd be interested in hearing how often you see non blue-badge holders in disabled parking bays and how many times this has stopped you carrying out your intended activities.  Please let us know.

Hannah is @HannahPopsy on Twitter.
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It happens all the time especially at local supermarkets where the offenders just use the space to park while the passenger goes to the ATM or pops in for some fags . From experience I have learnt not to challenge as it isnt worth the abuse you get
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,301 Disability Gamechanger
    I see it a lot. However, I give them the benefit of the doubt as I know too well that not all disability is visible. I am sure a lot of them are indeed not disabled but you can never be sure.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.