Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Hi, my name is stormyweather! What changes am I supposed to inform the DWP of?

stormyweatherstormyweather Member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello, this is my first time on here though i have been reading some queries and it seems like a friendly group.
I am wondering what changes we are supposed to inform DWP?
I am in the support group, i have recently been discharged from Community mental health to my GP, though have a telephone assessment next month with Psychologist, i was referred by mental health dr. 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,418 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

You dont really need to report that its if you have a worsening or improvement in your condition that would affect the reason you are in the support group 

• stormyweatherstormyweather Member Posts: 6 Listener
    I am on the same medications that i was prescribed by pysch dr. I just thought that with being dx its a change in circumstance. And should be mentioned.

• Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,214 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @stormyweather :) Very apt username! 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    haha somehow it seemed approrpriate for the evening we are having here :)

oh and thank you Tori:)

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    I am on the same medications that i was prescribed by pysch dr. I just thought that with being dx its a change in circumstance. And should be mentioned.

Hi and welcome,

You are already in the Support Group and there's no higher group than this. A diagnosis, will make no difference at all what so ever to your claim or your award. Yes, changes do need to be reported but only within reason and this isn't a change that needs reporting.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thank you Poppy. I wish i could feel assured. x
    Is there any reason why you don't feel assured by my advice? A diagnosis, doesn't change the group you're in. The only thing that would change is if your condition has improved, which could mean that you may no longer fit the Support Group criteria. If it hasn't improved then there's no changes to report.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thats really helpful Poppy. Thankyou
    You're welcome.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,418 Disability Gamechanger
    Be assured the advice is the best you will get 
Sign in or join us to comment.