Hi, my name is stormyweather! What changes am I supposed to inform the DWP of? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is stormyweather! What changes am I supposed to inform the DWP of?

Options
stormyweather
stormyweather Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello, this is my first time on here though i have been reading some queries and it seems like a friendly group.
I am wondering what changes we are supposed to inform DWP?
I am in the support group, i have recently been discharged from Community mental health to my GP, though have a telephone assessment next month with Psychologist, i was referred by mental health dr. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

You dont really need to report that its if you have a worsening or improvement in your condition that would affect the reason you are in the support group 

• stormyweather
    Options
    I am on the same medications that i was prescribed by pysch dr. I just thought that with being dx its a change in circumstance. And should be mentioned.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @stormyweather :) Very apt username! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • stormyweather
    Options
    haha somehow it seemed approrpriate for the evening we are having here :)

• stormyweather
    Options
    oh and thank you Tori:)

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I am on the same medications that i was prescribed by pysch dr. I just thought that with being dx its a change in circumstance. And should be mentioned.

Hi and welcome,

You are already in the Support Group and there's no higher group than this. A diagnosis, will make no difference at all what so ever to your claim or your award. Yes, changes do need to be reported but only within reason and this isn't a change that needs reporting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stormyweather
    Options
    Thank you Poppy. I wish i could feel assured. x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Is there any reason why you don't feel assured by my advice? A diagnosis, doesn't change the group you're in. The only thing that would change is if your condition has improved, which could mean that you may no longer fit the Support Group criteria. If it hasn't improved then there's no changes to report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • stormyweather
    Options
    Thats really helpful Poppy. Thankyou
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Be assured the advice is the best you will get 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.