What did you Google last? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What did you Google last?

Options
2»

Comments

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Options
    @csno01 that's good, I try to keep up to date with the local news. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,022 Scope online community team
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Does anybody ever begin Googling a question just to see the suggestions, and if other people have asked the same question, or is that just me?
    I do this too. Some of the results can be quite interesting.  :D
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    “Are there normal sized mini cheddars”

I’m sure this needs no explanation  :D
    Of course there are! Cheddars are a staple of my diet.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,625 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well, I'm posting this so technically 'Scope'. :D

Last night I Googled replacement TV remotes (using the part number) after I dropped mine just ~15cm yesterday and it stopped working!  :s  Batteries were only a few weeks old so assumed it couldn't be them.  Try tapping it in various places.  Removed batteries and put them back...still nothing.  Found they were £20 for genuine ones, or £6 for a decent aftermarket one but held off buying.

This morning I checked again just in case it had fixed itself over night...nope.  Changed the batteries as a last ditch attempt...and it worked perfectly!!  :o  Can AAA batteries break from a drop!?  I guess that's my next Google....  :p
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,690 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    I just Googled part time IT courses in Sheffield, there's a course available on the Open University but it's expensive and I'm on benefits due to unemployment because of my disability.

• Tori_Scope
    edited November 2020
    Options
    What kind of qualification or specific knowledge are you hoping to get out of the course @MrAllen1976? There are some free ones available. 

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    What kind of qualification or specific knowledge are you hoping to get out of the course @MrAllen1976? There are some free ones available. 
    I'm looking for free beginner level programming courses with a view to game programming in Unity.

I'm currently doing a course on Zenva.com but it's not free, not too expensive though $5 a month for life time access, works out about 4 quid a month at current exchange rate I think.

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    I don't know if the free version offers the kind of courses you're looking for, but codecademy could be an option? I'll let you know if I can find any more.

£3.80 according to Google- that's a good price!

• csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm looking for free beginner level programming courses with a view to game programming in Unity.

I'm currently doing a course on Zenva.com but it's not free, not too expensive though $5 a month for life time access, works out about 4 quid a month at current exchange rate I think.

Hi there, 
    video game programming sounds very interesting. How is it going for you? 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    csno01 said:

Hi there, 
    video game programming sounds very interesting. How is it going for you? 
    If I could get Unity to work under Linux, it'd be better, but due to a memory/storage issue, I can't at the moment, I'm awaiting a message from my Brother with help.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I wanted to find a fun game I could play with a lot of people over a video call

So I googled it.

And got no answers
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.