What did you Google last? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What did you Google last?

2»

Comments

• Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    @csno01 that's good, I try to keep up to date with the local news. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    66Mustang said:
    Does anybody ever begin Googling a question just to see the suggestions, and if other people have asked the same question, or is that just me?
    I do this too. Some of the results can be quite interesting.  :D
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    “Are there normal sized mini cheddars”

I’m sure this needs no explanation  :D
    Of course there are! Cheddars are a staple of my diet.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Well, I'm posting this so technically 'Scope'. :D

Last night I Googled replacement TV remotes (using the part number) after I dropped mine just ~15cm yesterday and it stopped working!  :s  Batteries were only a few weeks old so assumed it couldn't be them.  Try tapping it in various places.  Removed batteries and put them back...still nothing.  Found they were £20 for genuine ones, or £6 for a decent aftermarket one but held off buying.

This morning I checked again just in case it had fixed itself over night...nope.  Changed the batteries as a last ditch attempt...and it worked perfectly!!  :o  Can AAA batteries break from a drop!?  I guess that's my next Google....  :p
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I just Googled part time IT courses in Sheffield, there's a course available on the Open University but it's expensive and I'm on benefits due to unemployment because of my disability.

• Tori_Scope
    edited November 2020
    What kind of qualification or specific knowledge are you hoping to get out of the course @MrAllen1976? There are some free ones available. 

• [Deleted User]
    What kind of qualification or specific knowledge are you hoping to get out of the course @MrAllen1976? There are some free ones available. 
    I'm looking for free beginner level programming courses with a view to game programming in Unity.

I'm currently doing a course on Zenva.com but it's not free, not too expensive though $5 a month for life time access, works out about 4 quid a month at current exchange rate I think.

• Tori_Scope
    I don't know if the free version offers the kind of courses you're looking for, but codecademy could be an option? I'll let you know if I can find any more.

£3.80 according to Google- that's a good price!

• csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
    I'm looking for free beginner level programming courses with a view to game programming in Unity.

I'm currently doing a course on Zenva.com but it's not free, not too expensive though $5 a month for life time access, works out about 4 quid a month at current exchange rate I think.

Hi there, 
    video game programming sounds very interesting. How is it going for you? 
  • [Deleted User]
    csno01 said:

Hi there, 
    video game programming sounds very interesting. How is it going for you? 
    If I could get Unity to work under Linux, it'd be better, but due to a memory/storage issue, I can't at the moment, I'm awaiting a message from my Brother with help.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I wanted to find a fun game I could play with a lot of people over a video call

So I googled it.

And got no answers
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness