Beach and Rough Terrain Accessibility. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Beach and Rough Terrain Accessibility.

Options
cornwall
cornwall Community member Posts: 12 Listener

Hi, my name is Jamie [surname removed by moderator], and I am looking for some feedback/thoughts.

In 2011 – 2016 I took a Foundation Degree and BA (Hons) Interior Design Degree which I graduated in 2016 during my time at Uni every project was about Accessibility and the tutors hated it because they didn’t understand designing for people with visual or hidden disabilities. I am a Cochlear Implant wearer and link hearing aid, Tinnitus, Crohn’s Disease (7 operations) and Dyslexic.

I have attached my final concept project, which I did after researching and talking to the local Scope and Cerebral Palsy groups in Cornwall, which is a respite in Penzance (Abbey Warehouse). After leaving Uni, I went on to take several courses in London with the Centre of Accessible Environments (CAE) and became an Accessibility and Inclusive Design Consultant in Cornwall. I am also a Changing Places Designer.

As an access consultant, I look at the building and plans to make sure they are fully accessible for all and I also recommend products to the companies that have hired me. I am also a campaigner for all disabilities because I recommend products and services and have a good group of friends around me with different access needs.

Cutting a long story short, I have set up a Community Interest Company (CIC) and intend to make access to beaches and rough terrain accessible for all. I have attached an image of the products I will be offering but would be grateful for some thoughts? As I grow so will the range of products.

Thank you.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.