Beach and Rough Terrain Accessibility. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Beach and Rough Terrain Accessibility.

Options
cornwall
cornwall Community member Posts: 12 Listener

Hi, my name is Jamie [surname removed by moderator], and I am looking for some feedback/thoughts.

In 2011 – 2016 I took a Foundation Degree and BA (Hons) Interior Design Degree which I graduated in 2016 during my time at Uni every project was about Accessibility and the tutors hated it because they didn’t understand designing for people with visual or hidden disabilities. I am a Cochlear Implant wearer and link hearing aid, Tinnitus, Crohn’s Disease (7 operations) and Dyslexic.

I have attached my final concept project, which I did after researching and talking to the local Scope and Cerebral Palsy groups in Cornwall, which is a respite in Penzance (Abbey Warehouse). After leaving Uni, I went on to take several courses in London with the Centre of Accessible Environments (CAE) and became an Accessibility and Inclusive Design Consultant in Cornwall. I am also a Changing Places Designer.

As an access consultant, I look at the building and plans to make sure they are fully accessible for all and I also recommend products to the companies that have hired me. I am also a campaigner for all disabilities because I recommend products and services and have a good group of friends around me with different access needs.

Cutting a long story short, I have set up a Community Interest Company (CIC) and intend to make access to beaches and rough terrain accessible for all. I have attached an image of the products I will be offering but would be grateful for some thoughts? As I grow so will the range of products.

Thank you.

Comments

Brightness