Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP Payments in advance or arrears???
My new Wife, was girlfriend in all previous posts has been receiving PIP Payments for 3 years now, since a successful appeal in court. However as it was awarded by a judge, it is ending in 10 days with no extensions or reviews. We have started a new claim 4 weeks ago and are awaiting a decision. My question is we are expecting a final 4 week payment 2 days before this claim runs out, but have just realised if it's paid in advance we are not due a penny. I'm sure it is paid in 4 weekly arrears though. Can anyone put my mind at rest, as it takes over an hour to get hold of the DWP. Also my carers allowance is due to stop at the same time, but I read they can pay up to 4 weeks extra. I receive carers allowance every Monday as a weekly advance. When will this stop ???
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 759 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.