Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Friday the 13th today

66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,683 Disability Gamechanger
:o Be careful out there everyone!

Replies

• OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Didn't we have one of these just a few weeks ago?

Next Google - "How many Friday 13th's occur each year?"  :D
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,747 Disability Gamechanger
    I think the last one was in March @OverlyAnxious, which simultaneously feels like a few weeks ago and a lifetime ago. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    I think the last one was in March @OverlyAnxious, which simultaneously feels like a few weeks ago and a lifetime ago. 
    Wow, I seem to have lost all concept of time this year.  Glad I'm not the only one though!

Turns out there's between 1 and 3 Friday 13th's in any year.
  • MrAllen1976MrAllen1976 Member Posts: 1,144 Pioneering
    That thing about Friday the 13th being "unlucky" is an old Wives' tale IMO.

I used to get credit slips at school for doing good work on Friday the 13ths.

Plus Mum was born on Friday the 13th of May 1949.

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,098 Disability Gamechanger
    <<<<< hides behind sofa   B)
    edited November 2020
    woodbine said:
    <<<<< hides behind sofa   B)
    *Catches sofa alight with BBQ lighter*  :D
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 2,670 Disability Gamechanger
    Luckily I’m not superstitious...much! 
    Fingers crossed all will be well 🍀 
    wheres that salt!
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 6,987 Disability Gamechanger
    I usually don't believe in Friday the 13th's.... but today has changed my opinion entirely.

Our dogs absolutely hate tractors, they are small dogs (border terriers cross Jack Russell's) Max is the bigger of the two, Molly is smaller.

My mum took them for their morning walk as usual, down the usual country lanes we live nearby, to be met with 2 tractors. So she did what she always does when any vehicle passes by, stands at a distance, keeps the dogs on a tight lead and distracts them if they start barking.

Molly pulled so hard that she slipped out of her harness and collar and started running. Thank god the tractor driver saw her and stopped sharp otherwise we would have lost her!

Mum came home in tears and was so shaken up bless her. Molly is going about her day like nothing happened! 

I call Molly "sausage" and for once, I'm bloody thankful that she's a little overweight and can't run as fast as Max!

Dogs, eh? 🙈
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,683 Disability Gamechanger
    That thing about Friday the 13th being "unlucky" is an old Wives' tale IMO.

Of course it is however I do remember reading something that more accidents happen on a Friday the 13th because people are more on edge ... or something :o
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,683 Disability Gamechanger
    Ami2301 said:

Dogs, eh? 🙈
    They are a pain aren’t they  :D
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 6,987 Disability Gamechanger
    You can say that again @66Mustang!
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,376 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ami2301 Aww your poor mum!  I'm glad Molly was okay, thank goodness for that bit of extra chub  :D

I don't plan on leaving the house today so I'm hoping Friday 13th will go by with me unscathed.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,073 Disability Gamechanger
    Friday 13th is just another day imo, never had anything bad happen so fingers crossed the same today 
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 2,670 Disability Gamechanger
    Funnily enough, if anything I’ve experienced good luck on Friday the 13th, and sometimes bad luck on the following day. My world can be...confusing.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 1,966 Pioneering
    I've made it through unscathed so far :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • deb74deb74 Member Posts: 660 Pioneering
    I don't normally believe in Friday 13th but I had a bad day yesterday. Felt like s##t all day and when I took the dog out for a walk she was playing me up. I got back home and decided to make a cup of coffee because I was in a bad mood. I then knocked my coffee over it went everywhere and I had to move everything off the worktop to clean it up I then made another coffee praying I wouldn't knock that one over, Then I realised what the date was.
    Sorry to hear that @deb74. We've all had those days where everything goes wrong :tired_face: I hope today is a bit better! 

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    Hi Tori_Scope. Today seems to be ok so far thank goodness!
    The curse has been broken, enjoy the rest of your day @deb74 :) 

Hi Tori_Scope. I will do now I have finally finished working for the day. I am going to watch the telly now and have a rest.
    Sounds like a great plan for a grey Saturday @deb74! Are you watching anything good on TV at the moment? 

Hi ToriScooe. I was watch some stuff that I had missed earlier in the week while I was  working. I like watching quiz programmes so I was watching impossible and then I watched antiques road trip. I did pop out for an hour though to take some stock to the shop that I sell it in and got completely soaked.
    Sounds relaxing @deb74- other than getting caught in the rain! I quite like watching quiz shows too. The Chase is one of my favourites.

Sign in or join us to comment.