Friday the 13th today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Friday the 13th today

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
:o Be careful out there everyone!

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Didn't we have one of these just a few weeks ago?

Next Google - "How many Friday 13th's occur each year?"  :D
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I think the last one was in March @OverlyAnxious, which simultaneously feels like a few weeks ago and a lifetime ago. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • OverlyAnxious
    I think the last one was in March @OverlyAnxious, which simultaneously feels like a few weeks ago and a lifetime ago. 
    Wow, I seem to have lost all concept of time this year.  Glad I'm not the only one though!

Turns out there's between 1 and 3 Friday 13th's in any year.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    That thing about Friday the 13th being "unlucky" is an old Wives' tale IMO.

I used to get credit slips at school for doing good work on Friday the 13ths.

Plus Mum was born on Friday the 13th of May 1949.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    <<<<< hides behind sofa   B)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OverlyAnxious
    edited November 2020
    woodbine said:
    <<<<< hides behind sofa   B)
    *Catches sofa alight with BBQ lighter*  :D
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Luckily I’m not superstitious...much! 
    Fingers crossed all will be well ? 
    wheres that salt!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I usually don't believe in Friday the 13th's.... but today has changed my opinion entirely.

Our dogs absolutely hate tractors, they are small dogs (border terriers cross Jack Russell's) Max is the bigger of the two, Molly is smaller.

My mum took them for their morning walk as usual, down the usual country lanes we live nearby, to be met with 2 tractors. So she did what she always does when any vehicle passes by, stands at a distance, keeps the dogs on a tight lead and distracts them if they start barking.

Molly pulled so hard that she slipped out of her harness and collar and started running. Thank god the tractor driver saw her and stopped sharp otherwise we would have lost her!

Mum came home in tears and was so shaken up bless her. Molly is going about her day like nothing happened! 

I call Molly "sausage" and for once, I'm bloody thankful that she's a little overweight and can't run as fast as Max!

Dogs, eh? ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • 66Mustang
    That thing about Friday the 13th being "unlucky" is an old Wives' tale IMO.

Of course it is however I do remember reading something that more accidents happen on a Friday the 13th because people are more on edge ... or something :o
  • 66Mustang
    Ami2301 said:

Dogs, eh? ?
    They are a pain aren’t they  :D
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    You can say that again @66Mustang!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ami2301 Aww your poor mum!  I'm glad Molly was okay, thank goodness for that bit of extra chub  :D

I don't plan on leaving the house today so I'm hoping Friday 13th will go by with me unscathed.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Friday 13th is just another day imo, never had anything bad happen so fingers crossed the same today 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Funnily enough, if anything I’ve experienced good luck on Friday the 13th, and sometimes bad luck on the following day. My world can be...confusing.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I've made it through unscathed so far :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I don't normally believe in Friday 13th but I had a bad day yesterday. Felt like s##t all day and when I took the dog out for a walk she was playing me up. I got back home and decided to make a cup of coffee because I was in a bad mood. I then knocked my coffee over it went everywhere and I had to move everything off the worktop to clean it up I then made another coffee praying I wouldn't knock that one over, Then I realised what the date was.
  • Tori_Scope
    Sorry to hear that @deb74. We've all had those days where everything goes wrong :tired_face: I hope today is a bit better! 

• deb74
    Hi Tori_Scope. Today seems to be ok so far thank goodness!
  • Tori_Scope
    The curse has been broken, enjoy the rest of your day @deb74 :) 

• deb74
    Hi Tori_Scope. I will do now I have finally finished working for the day. I am going to watch the telly now and have a rest.

Brightness